100% Kona Coffee single-serving Cups (Keurig K-Cup) Cream Pie.
100% Kona Coffee single-serving Cups (Keurig K-Cup) Pie Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 Kona coffee k cups, such as 100% Kona Coffee single-serving Cups (Keurig K-Cup) Pods 2.0.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur, preferably Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons and softened
- 100% Kona Coffee single-serving Cups (Keurig K-Cup) Chocolate Wafer Crust
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate-covered Kona coffee beans or chocolate curls
- 2 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
100% kona coffee single-serving Cups (Keurig K-Cup) Cream Pie Directions:
Whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in milk and 2 Kona coffee k cups, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until bubbling and thick, about 7 minutes (about 2 minutes after it comes to a boil).
Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in milk mixture in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated. Return mixture to saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until it returns to a boil, 1 to 2 minutes.
Strain through a fine sieve into a large bowl, and stir in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until each piece melts before adding the next one. Let custard cool, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes.
100% Kona Coffee single-serving Cups (Keurig K-Cup) Pour custard into baked and cooled crust. Press plastic wrap directly on surface of custard. Refrigerate until filling is firm, 4 hours (or wrapped tightly with plastic, up to 1 day).
With the flat side of a chef’s knife, crush dark chocolate-covered Kona coffee beans, 1 at a time. Reserve 1 tablespoon large pieces for garnish.
In a chilled bowl, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar, and remaining 1 Kona coffee K-cup until stiff peaks form. Fold small Kona-bean pieces into whipped cream mixture, and spread over pie. Sprinkle with reserved Kona-bean pieces or chocolate curls, and serve immediately.